Welcome to your community Swim School!
We use the American Red Cross swim lesson program.
Swim lessons are offered beginning at the age of six months.
Little ones ages six months through three years participate in AquaTots classes with their parents.
We have special preschool lessons for ages 3-5**.
School age children progress through levels 1-6**.
Lessons are offered morning and evening; they are 30 minutes in length (level 6 is one hour). During the school year, lessons are on Tuesdays & Thursdays for one month per session; in summer months they are Monday-Thursday for two weeks per session.
Swim School Hours (Regular Group Lessons)
Summer Hours: 11:00am-1:15pm & 5:35pm-7:15pm
Lesson Rates (per 8 lesson session):
1 Child $48.00 $53.00
2 Children $91.00 $101.00
3 Children $129.00 $143.00
You may register in person, by phone or you can click here to log in and register online.
*To receive In-District pricing you will need to show us your ID with an Oak Harbor address (a current utility bill may be substituted).
**Children will often need to repeat a level to successfully master each important skill required to advance to the next level.
Healthy Island Youth Initiative
Island Count Public Health (lead agency) and South Whidbey Parks & Aquatics Foundation (fiscal agency) have partnered along with the North Whidbey Park & Recreation District, South Whidbey Parks and Recreation District and Coupeville School District to provide scholarships to children and youth to encourage them to be physically active.
Individuals may apply for this scholarship quarterly for a maximum amount of $150.
For more information or an application, please see the front desk.
Our proud commitment to you, our patrons — from your NWPRD swim instructors
- We are friendly, knowledgeable instructors who love the water and are happy to be here.
- We will match your child with their instructor without confusion on the first day of each session and we will meet your child at the same spot on the pool deck for each class in the session.
- We will keep your precious child safe while in our care.
- Our Aquatics Director will be visible and available to you, our patrons, during swim school sessions.
- We strive for 100% attendance by each instructor through the session to keep your child’s learning consistent and moving forward.
- We will attend monthly in-service training to ensure that our teaching methods are consistently improving, and our passing standards are realistic and consistent.
- Most of all, as your fellow Whidbey Islanders, we believe swimming is a fundamental life skill and we strive to make the water a safe, fun place for your children.
- This is our mission and we thank you for trusting us to share it with you!